Responsibilities of Regional Chairmen
1) NCSCA Constitution: Each Regional Chairman must read and know the NCSCA Constitution:
2) NCSCA Membership: It is the Regional Chairman's responsibility to inform coaches/schools in your region about the NCSCA and what it does to promote high school soccer in North Carolina, and the benefits of joining. This is especially needed for new coaches/schools. Remember, only players who coaches are members of the NCSCA can be selected for the All-Region and All-State Teams and the Clash of the Carolinas Game. Only coaches who are members of the NCSCA can be selected as Regional and State Coaches of the Year. First time members of the NCSCA who are sponsored by a current NCSCA member will receive the first season for FREE.
3) The National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Membership: Encourage all coaches/schools in your region to join the NSCAA by explaining how it can benefit them and High School soccer in North Carolina. The number of High School soccer coaches from NC who are members of the NSCAA directly affects the number of NSCAA All-South and All-Americans players that are allocated to our state. Only players who coaches are members of the NSCAA can be selected to the NSCAA All-South and All-American teams. Only coaches who are members of the NSCAA can be selected as NSCAA Regional and National Coaches of the Year.
4) Scores: Each coach must update their team's schedule & scores on the Eurosport Scoreboard. The NCSCA will only rank teams who have updated the Eurosport Scoreboard.
5) Regional Meeting: Regional Chairmen will be responsible for holding and conducting your selection meeting for the All-Region Team. Other business needed for the NCSCA will be conducted at this time. Send meeting information, such as time and place to the NCSCA President so it can be updated on the Web Site.
6) Attendance at the NCSCA Meetings & Awards Ceremonies: Attendance at all NCSCA meetings and banquets is mandatory. Remember, you are part of the selection process and have a vote in NCSCA policy, as well as the All-State Team selection process. You are the vote for your region.
7) NCSCA Web Site: It is your responsibility to FREQUENTLY check the NCSCA web site for updated information. If you need any information, please contact the NCSCA President.